The Benefits of Smudging Your Space with Intention & Purpose
Smudging is centuries old practice that involves spiritual wisdom of using smoke to by burning herbs, like White Sage and Palo Santo, to cleanse yourself and your space of negative energy and activate positive energy and intentions.
5 POWERFUL INTENTIONS & AFFIRMATIONS TO SET
I purify with passion & purpose to renew, revive and rebalance my vibes.
I smudge to awaken and energise my aura.
I Invite positive energy infusion in my space by removing stagnant energy & creating space for clarity.
I invite spiritual refreshment through smudging to ground my thoughts & being in the NOW.
I smudge to welcome new beginnings with blessings.
5 IMPORTANT TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE SMUDGING
Here are 5 important tips to bear in mind to make your smudging effective and powerful.
1. Smudge yourself before you smudge your space
Begin with smudging your self first so you take that cleanse action through out your space
2. Be intentional about your smudging direction
When smudging your home, you can move through your house room-by-room, either clockwise or counter-clockwise. Be intentional rather than random when choosing your direction. Aim to keep the intent of removing toxins and negative energy out of the windows and doors and to invite positive energy inside
3. Keep doors and windows open
To aid in banishing stagnant vibrations from your space, open doors and windows. Think of it like this: the sacred herbs will “push” that negative energy out of that open door or window, rather than leaving the negativity stuck inside your home.
4. Close the smudging ceremony with same intent
Do bring your attention into closing the smudging ritual by saying out your intention. It helps reassure yourself and also welcomes all the positive energy with arms wide open.
5. Acknowledge the materials used in this ritual
After you’ve smudged make sure you extinguish your smudge stick, and use a container like abalone shell to close it off. Also bring intention into all the elements of Mother Earth, used in this sacred and spiritual ritual as it deserves all our due respect. The four elements used in smudging are:
- The container, traditionally an abalone shell represents water, is the first element.
- The herbs and plants (cedar, sage, palo Santo)represent the second element.
- The fire produced from lighting the sacred plants represents the third element.
- The smoke produced from the fire represents air, the fourth element.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR SMUDGING
1. Gather your supplies:
- Sage bundle or PaloSanto or sometimes even both can be used together.
- A heat-resistant container like an abalone shell or a ceramic bowl.
- A lighter or matches.
2. Set your intention: Before you begin, it's essential to set a clear intention for the smudging ritual. Think about what you want to achieve, you can work on your or for inspiration, read above "5 powerful intentions to start with" .It helps to have specific and heartfelt intention.
3. Prepare your space: Ensure that your space is well-ventilated. Open windows or doors to allow the negative energy to flow out as you cleanse. Turn off any fans or air conditioning to prevent the smudging smoke from dissipating too quickly.
4. Light the sage bundle: Hold one end of the sage bundle over your heat-resistant container and light the other end with a lighter or matches. Allow it to burn for a moment, then gently blow out the flame so that it smolders and releases smoke.
5. Begin smudging yourself: Start with yourself. Waft the smoke towards your body, beginning at your feet and moving up to your head. Visualize the smoke purifying and cleansing your energy. Be sure to smudge all sides of your body, including your back.
6. Smudge your space: Walk through your space, moving in a clockwise direction, and use the smudging bundle to send smoke into each corner of the room, paying special attention to areas with stagnant energy or places where negative energy may linger. While doing this, repeat your intention or a positive affirmation.
7. Focus on specific areas: If there are specific areas or objects you want to cleanse, concentrate the smoke there. You can also smudge doorways and windows to create a protective barrier.
8. Complete the ritual: Once you've smudged yourself and your entire space, return to where you started. Place the smudging bundle in the heat-resistant container to let it extinguish naturally. Thank the herbs for their cleansing properties and express gratitude for the positive energy you've invited.
9. Close the ritual: Close the ritual by reaffirming your intention and visualizing your space filled with positive energy. You can also offer a short prayer or meditation to seal the intention.
10. Dispose of the ashes: Once the sage bundle has completely cooled, you can bury the ashes in the earth or throw them into a moving body of water as a way to release any residual negative energy.
Remember that smudging is a personal and sacred practice, so it's essential to approach it with respect and mindfulness. It can be a powerful tool for clearing energy and setting intentions when done with sincerity and purpose.
Do you know we are Australia's leading wholesaler supplier of ethically sourced Palo Santo and White sage. We have also created some value bundle packs that make great gifts to give to your loved ones, for cleansing rituals at home, house warming, bridal showers, baby showers, and to any new beginnings. We would welcome you to try our smudge sticks today and pass on the gift of purpose to your loved ones too.
Jump online today to try your smudging journey and to share with your loved ones